Mark Thompson is a Chartered Engineer with over 25 years experience in the Life science industries.
Following senior engineering project and management roles in Eli Lilly, Sanofi Aventis and Smith & Nephew, Mark formed Honeyman Sterilisation in the year 2000 with Brian Reeks and Trevor Honeyman. As the Managing Director of Honeyman Group Ltd Mark developed and broadened the scope of Honeyman services into Parenteral Product Consultancy and Training; delivering much of the Sterile Product Consultancy and Training Services.
Mark left Honeyman in 2011 and formed EPIC Consultancy and Training Ltd, trading as Mark Thompson Lifesciences ever since.
Throughout this period of Consultancy and Training Mark has worked all over the world with hundreds of organisations, delivering training to thousands of people. This has included delivering training courses for regulatory inspectors from China, Saudi, UK, Ireland, Italy, Denmark and the Netherlands.
Mark maintains his current expertise and regulatory updates through the following activities:-
- On site Project and regulatory support work dealing with inspectors on current projects and regulatory compliance issues. Current feedback and benchmarking.
- Membership of the International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers (ISPE) and receiving all current baseline guides and reports.
- Membership of the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) and receipt of all current technical reports and scientific journals.
- He is a Chartered Engineer (CEng. MIET) receiving best practice guides on Project Engineering and Technology developments.
- Annual attendance at MHRA Information days for GMP updates and guidance.